The aim of the Patient Participation Group (PPG) is help deliver the services that our patients would like to see at the Baslow Health Centre.
The PPG was formed in 2009 and every patient of the health centre can register to be a member; if you would like to join all you have to do is contact the Membership Secretary, Keith Maslen
Telephone: 01246 582274
The PPG is run by a committee of 12 people elected annually by the full membership. A list of current committee members is available on the surgery notice board and the health centre’s website.
Our objectives are to:
- Enhance communications between the Practice and its patients
- Foster the highest possible standard of primary medical care
- Help raise funds to support practice improvement
In reality, this translates into a number of activities in which members can engage. Current projects include:
- Working with the surgery & patients to determine the accommodation and services of the new Baslow Health Centre
- Helping the practice to retain the dispensary which is under threat from large chemists
- Looking at ways to improve communication between patients and staff and to improve the environment of the surgery
- Fund raising to provide information screens and children’s play equipment for the new Health Centre
- Supporting Artability, a Calver based charity which helps provide support dementia sufferers & their carers.
The NHS changes mean it is moving towards services needing to take into account what ‘customers’ want. Under the proposed North Derbyshire GP Commissioning Consortium, representatives of local patient groups will to be involved right up to board level. This will enable patients to directly influence where the cuts fall and have a say in what health services we want at a much more strategic level.
To get involved and help shape the NHS of the future, start by registering as a member of the PPG and by telling the PPG committee members of issues that affect you. Then you could volunteer to help…….it’s up to you!
Baslow Health Centre Patient Participation Group
c/o Baslow Health Centre,