Baslow Health Centre has announced changes to how patients visit the surgery in Baslow, following the UK Health Security Agency’s updated recommendations to general practices regarding infection prevention and control.
In response to the advice the surgery has re-opened the waiting room and arranged for prescriptions to be collected inside from the reception window.
The external window is no longer in use for the collection of prescriptions, a change that has been made in line with new recommendations and mindful of the onset of poorer weather.
The new guidelines for visiting Baslow Health Centre include:
- Patients with symptoms of coronavirus or flu should telephone the surgery before attending for an appointment
- Face coverings should be worn
- Physical distancing reduced to 1 metre
- Please do not lean into the appointments window when reporting for an appointment or collecting prescriptions, step back and give the receptionists some space
- The waiting room area has been reconfigured to 9 seats with barrier screens (Strictly come dancing style!) between the seats
- The children’s area remains closed and the patient toilet is available if necessary
For more information visit: www.baslowhealthcentre.co.uk