Skip to content

Councillor’s update

This summer has been a mix of working hard for the neighbourhoods I represent, while finding time to enjoy the many amazing things happening in the community.

Cllr Hobson with With Lee Rowley MP waiting for the Peak District Open Top Breezer Bus

It was fantastic to attend events such as the Bel Canto concert in Baslow St Anne’s Church and the summer evening concert in Curbar. Visiting Calver, Froggatt and Curbar Open Gardens and Stanton-in-the-Peak Open Gardens was an opportunity to admire breathtaking gardens and speak to residents, tourists and businesses alike.

I helped with the refreshments at Beeley Open Gardens, litter picked on Stanton Moor after the Summer Solstice and visited Baslow Senior Citizens to listen to their talk on cybersecurity.

In my Derbyshire County Council role, I have launched the Summer Reading Challenge for primary school children. Inspiring children to read and enjoy books is so important; I also got to opportunity ride the open-top Hulleys bus around our beautiful area, which was a real treat.

It has been a busy time for roadworks in our area, too. I am pleased that the work on the Oker landslip to re-open the road has started.

Through my Community Leadership Funding, I have supported Darley Dale Croquet Club and the Level Centre at Rowsley, as well as contributing to the Edensor Coronation event, a bench at South Darley and the Warren Carr community party, to name but a few.

Cllr Hobson litter picking

Through my Derbyshire Dales Local Projects Fund, I have supported the purchase of swings for Baslow, football training and insurance for local football for girls and bulb planting in Rowsley.

Derbyshire County Council is supporting the planting of a million trees across Derbyshire by 2030 to help tackle the effects of climate change.

If you‚Äôve planted a tree anywhere in Derbyshire since June 2021 you can add it to our total using our online map on the Million Trees’ website:¬†

There’s information to support you with the cost of living on where you can also sign up for our cost of living email updates.

We’ll send you regular news and updates as well as information on claiming benefits you’re entitled to, managing debt, cutting energy bills and food waste as well as advice on the support that’s available to you.

Remember, you can report most highway problems using the online reporting system on the council’s website.  Your enquiry may be dealt with quicker than if it was reported by phone, email or letter as it gets automatically routed by the system, reducing administration time.

In case of road emergencies (such as broken down traffic lights) the best thing is to contact the Police on 101 who will then contact the DCC Duty Officer, either by phone or email.

To get in touch, contact me on or

Kind regards

Councillor Susan Hobson
Derwent Valley Division

M: 07773 744686

Categorized: General

Accessibility Toolbar