Here is a round-up of the latest news from Baslow & Bubnell Parish Council.
In May the elections were held. There are 10 seats in Baslow and Bubnell, and seven were filled at this time. The remaining three vacancies were filled by co-option at the Parish Council meeting on 18 July 2023.
The Parish Council would like to thank the outgoing councillors, David Dalrymple-Smith and Tim Tucker, for all their hard work.
The full list of Parish Councillors:
- Cllr Chris Brown (Chairman)
- Cllr Steve Brown
- Cllr Jane Buckham
- Cllr Simon Chalk
- Cllr Richard Clark
- Cllr David Dawson
- Cllr Nick Gilbert
- Cllr Jonathan Holsgrove
- Cllr Jayne Rawlinson
- Cllr Martin Watson
- NP/DDD/0623/0661 – Land North Of Cock Hill, Nether End, Baslow – Erection of 3no. entry level exception (affordable) homes, incorporating the landscape and ecological enhancement of the balance of the land.
- NP/DDD/0623/0678 – Woodlow, School Lane, Baslow – Single storey extensions to front and side of property, loft conversion and new entrance gates
- NP/DDD/0623/0639 – Newby House, Over Lane, Baslow – S.73 application for the removal or variation of conditions 2 and 7 on NP/DDD/1222/1562.
- NP/DDD/0523/0586 – Rose Hill, School Lane, Baslow – Demolish existing conservatory and replacement with single-storey extension to rear of property
- S.73 Application for the removal and variation of condition 2 and 7 on NP/DDD/1222/1562 at Newby House, Over Lane Baslow NP/DDD/0623/0639 – Pending
- NP/DDD/0423/0455 – Holly Trees, Derwent Drive, Baslow – Rear extension, garage conversion and Internal alterations – Pending
- NP/DDD/1222/1617 –Springview and Moorview, Stonelow, Eastmoor – Demolition of the existing two residential dwellings and associated outbuildings, erection of a replacement dwelling, access, car parking, works of hard and soft landscaping and other works incidental to the application proposals – Pending
- NP/DDD/0322/0410 – Lawful Development Certificate for an existing dwelling – Moor View, Stonelow, Eastmoor – Pending
- NP/DDD/0322/0395 – Application seeks confirmation that the existing buildings on site and surrounding land have been in lawful use for a sufficient period of time that these are now lawful. – Spring View, Stonelow, Eastmoor – Pending
Keep Baslow Beautiful
The Keep Baslow Beautiful Group will be cleaning the benches on the village green (Goose Green) on 19 August from 10am. If you would like to lend a hand please come down to the green with a scrubbing brush and bucket.
The working party has been monitoring the paths in the village and reporting issues to Derbyshire County Council and Derbyshire Dales District Council. Please continue to cut back any overhang on to paths and roads.
If there are any issues in your area, please contact the Parish Clerk on 07866 695132 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Baslow Woodland Park
The Parish Council are planning to add some swings to the woodland park. The area has been prepared. The Council is currently raising funds and has been successful in grants from Derbyshire Dales District Council and Derbyshire County Council.
A donation box was rattled at the recent PTFA event at the Sports Field and an impressive £185.38 was raised. If anyone would like to donate to this project, the Parish Council bank details are:
Baslow & Bubnell Parish Council
Sort code: 05-03-68
Bank account number: 28989334
Baslow Burial Ground
The Parish Clerk has undertaken a memorial stone inspection and found a number which are loose and one has had to be laid on the ground for safety.
The Clerk is in the process of resolving this but if one of the stones is yours, please do contact her on: 07866 695132 or email@example.com